Responsible for ensuring that the BIM workflow has been established for the project and is adhered to by the team during the implementation stages of the project.
[Appointment: Lead Appointed Party BIM staff. May be involved at tender stage having input into the BEP and interviewing delivery team to assess capability]
- Leads post-appointment BIM Start-Up Meeting, ensuring all team members clearly understand their functions, responsibilities, project challenges, BIM objectives, actions and other requirements stated in the BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Further develops the pre-appointment BEP to establish and issue the post-appointment BEP.
- Manages any changes or updates to the BEP during the project period.
- Responsible for quality and compliance assurance, including adherence to information project protocols, workflows, model management, data management, compliance with BEP and Client Requirements (EIRs).
- Assesses and advises on the impact of changes in client requirements on the BIM delivery strategy and timetable and incorporates any agreed changes into the BEP.
- Manages and oversees agreed project BIM uses such as planning and logistics, schedule extraction, KPIs etc.
- Model and data audit analysis for all project 3D models for compliance against the BEP and client deliverables at key project stages.
- Ensure the BIM Co-ordinator meets their duties and provides technical support and assistance where required
- Ensures a Common Data Environment (CDE) has been established.
[source] PDE 4301 Technical BIM Management 2019/2020, BIM EXECUTION PLAN, SUP-GPF-XX-XX-SP-W-0001, Post-appointment BEP, Grat To King Yeung, Jarek Wityk, Mike Sealey, Tala Damra, Viorel Mihailuc, Willow Williams