A dimension of space, such as width, height, or length.
- can be zero-dimensional (location point),
- one-dimensional (e.g. line, curve, path),
- two-dimensional (e.g. surface, face), or
- three-dimensional (e.g. surface, face) (e.g. body, volume).
In a 3D environment, the dimensionality of a pipe can be
- 1D to extract pipe lengths for quantity take off purposes
- 3D for clash detection purposes
- 2D in a 3D environment for parcel management.
- 2D for furniture planning
- 3D for accessibility analysis.